The Pinot Noir Box
The Pinot Noir Box
Following the huge success of our last Pinot Noir box, we thought we would create another one! Equally delicious, this box showcases the diversity of this much loved grape when grown in different geographies. Climate, wine techniques and conditions are all very different and create a slightly different version of a Pinot Noir wine. If you enjoy this grape variety, then definitely use this as an excuse to treat yourself. Not sure if you like Pinot Noir? Well, we simply recommend you give this a go. You are sure to find some treasures.
In your box, you will find the following wines:
- Marsannay Les Boivins, Domaine Coillot, 2018: From Marsannay, the most northern appellation in the Côte de Nuits, this is a seductive and elegant Pinot Noir. With just a hint of oak, this wine is full of lovely black and red berries, complimented by some soft tannins.
- Calco Pinot Noir, Casablanca Chile, Triangle Wines, 2020: From Casablanca in Chile, this fresh Pinot Noir benefits from those lovely coastal influences of the Pacific Ocean. This creates a certain freshness and elegance that is often lacking in new world Pinot Noirs.
- The Story Wines Pinot Noir, Victoria, Australia: This wine is light but has layers of gorgeous Pinot flavours. It's from a cool micro-climate giving this delicate balance. The acidity and flavours in this wine will balance out really well with the fattiness of a lovely duck dish.
- German Pinot Noir - (Pinot Noir vom Kalkstein Weingut am Schlipf Schneider), 2019: A German Pinot to rival Burgundy. What does that mean? Great value for a start. Delicate yet flavoursome, this has that lush Pinot character that you come to expect.
- Ribbonwood Pinot Noir, Marlborough New Zealand 2018: Marlborough in the South Island, New Zealand is prime growing territory for Pinot Noir, and this is a lovely elegant example. This red fruits, a smokey undertone and a lovely smooth finish.
- Wonderwall Pinot Noir, Field Recordings USA, 2020 (Note this supersedes the picture which includes the Chanin Pinot Noir): This succulent Pinot Noir is from the fabulous producer, Field Recordings, located in the Edna Valley on the Central coast, California. We love the jammy fruit flavours that are hugely complemented by a smooth smokiness and hint of pepper. Try it with some herb seasoned roast chicken.
Type: Red WIne
Grape: Pinot NoirView full details